Skip to content
How to setup ActiveSync on iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch devices
- From the device’s home screen tap Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
- On the Exchange screen enter:Email: Type your e-mail address E.G. firstname.lastname@example.org.
Domain: If this field exists leave this field blank.
Username: Type your user name E.G. email@example.com.
Password: Type your mailbox password.
Description: Enter account description (default value equal to e-mail address entered above).
- Tap Next on the upper right corner of the screen. Your device will now try to locate your Exchange server using Microsoft’s Autodiscover service. If the server cannot be located, server name need to be entered manually. Enter server name and tap Next:Server: Enter name of the ActiveSync server exchange.iinet.net.au.
- Choose which type(s) of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only 3 days’ worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
- Tap Save.
- If you’re prompted to create a new passcode, tap Continue and enter a numeric passcode. You’ll need to enter the passcode twice.